Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Walking & Moving & Packing...Oh My!

Gosh, I've been so busy lately!

Tomorrow I'm taking the twins to my in-laws house for the next five days so we can finish packing up the apartment. We're moving in with my dad and step-mom on Friday. Hopefully they'll be moving out around Christmas and then we'll be buying my dad's house. I never realized how much useless crap Ricky and I have accumulated over the years. We've got almost everything packed, and we're not really missing anything we've packed...I don't know what that means. :)

Friday Dad, Mom and my step-dad are coming in to pack the u-haul and then we're driving in. I'm so ready to be done and over with moving. We have so many plans for the new house. We're going to be painting walls (as first requested by Taki! *smiles*) within two days of moving in. It's going to be really cramped for a few months bc my dad won't let us have our cats in the house, except for our bedroom. So for three months, we're going to have seven cats locked in our room...fun. I'm currently in the process of trying to talk him into letting them run around. But, we'll see how that goes.

Two days ago Emma took five steps, and yesterday she took six without crashing down. Liv has been able to take one before she falls, which I'll take! :)

Lately they've been getting into everything! Liv got behind the couch yesterday and we couldn't find her! Emma crawled up on some of our boxes and got three boxes high! Liv crawled into the kitchen and ate a handful of catfood before we stopped her from eating her second. Emma grabbed Ricky's X-Box controller, unpaused his game and managed to move his character around on the screen...I was impressed with that one. I also thing Emma is finally starting to associate words with things. She's understanding "juice" and now whenever I'm the only one home she says, "mamama" until after her nap (which is when Ricky is usually home) and the she starts in with the "dadada". They also both know that to open a door you've got to use the knob, but they can't quite reach it yet! It's so cute to see them on their tip-toes trying though!

That's pretty much all that's been going on over here.

No comments: