Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dreamcatcher


I don't normally enter my photos into web contests and such (though I have done it a couple times) but I couldn't help myself when I saw the January Photo Challenge at Rock The Shot. This month' s theme is "Favorite Shot of 2012". There have been a handful of shoots that I have been on that have produced some of my all-time favorite shots but I believe that this particular one is my favorite of them all.

Not only is is my favorite because I think it looks cool, but it also has bunch of wonderful memories attached to it. This shot was taken in San Destin, Florida at the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic. My husband works at a local television station and I got to tag along with him while his station covered the tournament. While he was down at the dock getting video footage of the boats and fishermen heading out, I ran down the boardwalk to get some sunset photos. While, literally, running down the wooden path I saw a sign that looked like a gong hanging through the trees. I took some quick shots, and contorted myself like I usually do to get several different views. As I did, the sun shined through one of the links that was holding the sign up. I twisted myself up a bit more to get it through the biggest link and this was the result.

-BritneyMarie


No comments: