Thursday, February 22, 2007

"Dammit, He Put My Stapler In Jello Again!"

*yawn* It is 5:29am. I should be sleeping for another hour or so. But...clearly, I am not. I woke up this morning at 3:45 when the alarm went off for Ricky. I got up to go to the bathroom, and when I got back, I thought I was going to get sick. I had Ricky get my medicine for me (I couldn't even lean over to my night stand to get it). The second I took that, it hit me. The worst pain I have ever been in, second only to a kidney infection that landed me in the hospital a few years ago. Oh my God! I felt like a had a chest-buster about to pop out!!! I can only assume that what I was experiencing was heartburn. Well, I'm here to tell you, I do not like heartburn. This is the second night in a row I have gotten it, and I got it twice tonight. Aparently I am no longer allowed to sleep on my back, because that's when I start to feel it. I have to sleep on my stomach...it's the only thing I have found to relieve it. Unfortunately I was unable to take any Tums for it because I felt I would lose everything if I was to put anything into my mouth.

About an hour ago I got out of bed and decided to surf the internet for a while. Normally I would try to go back to sleep, but I looked at the syllabus for all my classes yesterday and it turns out that I have a test a 8am today. I thought it was next week. I was wrong. So, now, in addition to being tired, achy, and my heart apparently on fire, I've gotta cram for a test in Brain & Behavior.

Luckily, the heartburn isn't as debilitating as it was when I was laying in bed. I shouldn't have a problem getting to class and taking the test today. Problem is, I just don't wanna go. I am so sick and tired of college it's not even funny. And you know, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore. You know, once you find out you're going to be a parent, everything else seems like it's not really that big of a deal.

Then again, I was thinking the other day. I'm taking the six classes I need to graduate in April. If for whatever reason I do not pass all of these classes I will not have enough credits to graduate. Therefore I will need to take a class or two (or however many I do not pass) during the summer. The problem lies in the fact that my prepaid college ran out this semester. I also have not applied for any summer scholarships because I should be graduating. So, basically, if I pass all my classes everything will be great because I'll have my B.S. and can go out and get my State job or whatever. If I do not pass all my classes this semester, I'll have to figure out some way to pay for classes this summer, going to class while 6, 7, 8 months pregnant. That is going to suck something fierce. If I don't pass my classes and do not come up with the money to finish up in the summer, I will not have my B.S. and will not be able to get my State job and will have to work at some retail store or wherever doesn't require a B.S...translation :crappy pay. So, everything is riding on me passing this semester. I'm already starting off badly because I've been so sick lately. I went to all my classes the first week. Then the morning sickness hit me. And it turns out I have what's called "hyperemesis gravidarum" Click it to check out a website I found on it. Basically it it the worst kind of morning sickness. Sometimes it lasts the whole 9 months.

I know getting stressed out is not going to solve anything. But some things (most things) I just can't help getting bent out of shape about. Don't get me wrong, things are going great with Ricky and I. The doctor says the babies look great. All except the sickness and the dehydration, the pregnancy seems to be going well. I keep hearing that the sicker you are, just means that the babies are healthy. I think that's what keeps me from going completely crazy.

Everyone has been really great in dealing with me lately. I shouldn't have to worry about much maternity clothes thanks to Gen (Thanks again, by the way!!). So, that's one less thing for me to worry about. I also talked to my mom the other day and she said that she would go in and help us get two cribs, a dresser, and a changing table for the babies. The ones we like are at Toys R Us. My dad also said that he would go in on it as well. And my dad doesn't normally help out with things like that. It's kinda nice. Unfortunately, Ricky's family will be unable to help us out. I don't think they'll be able to do anything at all. I can't really blame them, Ricky's sister is getting married in June (babies are due in August) and all of their funds seem to go to her. Not that I'm complaining, I mean, they don't have to do anything for us...but it would really help out. But I understand...a wedding is a big deal. I mean, Ricky and I had ours, and now is is Gert's turn. I just hope the wedding goes well for all the money they're pouring into it.

On to a change of subject. Ricky and I have realized fairly recently that we own the worlds dumbest cat. Abby, aka Abimale, the girl kitty that turned out to be a boy kitty. He is so adorable, and the most lovable kitty I have ever met. But he is dumb as a box of rocks. He "locked" himself in the bathroom the other day. The door was not shut, just closed. He could not figure out how to paw it open. He will go up to open doors and paw at them, trying to get them to "open" because he thinks that they are shut. He is constantly pawing at every door in the house because he thinks he's being locked out of somewhere cool. He also has tried to paw his way into the television screen, Ricky's computer monitor, and a poster of Shaun of the Dead. He also drools when he sleeps. Not to mention the fact that he has taken quite a...shall I say "interest" in a blanket from our bed. I have to knock him off the bed at least once a night because he is "getting busy" with it. Unfortunately for me, the blanket is usually on my leg. We have ultimately determined that if this cat could talk, he would sound like Timmy from South Park. Only he would say "Abby!" I love the cat to death, but boy is he dumb.

The other day I was updating our list of movies that we have. Our movie list is up to 999. One more and we will have 1000 movies. I don't know whether to be proud of that number or ashamed that we have no life and all we do is watch movies.

Wow, I was really not expecting to write nearly this much. Since it's not 6am, I should probably go get my shower and start getting ready for this test I am going to most likely bomb. Check out my pictures for the first belly shot if you're interested. It might not look like much of a "bump" but it's enough for my regular pants to be uncomfortable to wear now.

Britney Marie

No comments: