Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Apparently The Crazies Come Out Earlier Now

Picture it: Tallahassee, yesterday.
I'm up all night with the girls. I lay down to go to sleep a little before 7am. At 7am I get a phone call from a "unknown caller." Since that is what it says when Ricky calls from work, I answer. On the other end is a girl who said her name was "Amber". And she is looking for Britney Marie. I tell her that's me. Then she asks me if I own a gold car. Naturally, I tell her that I do not. Then she proceeds to question me. Turns out, a gold car was parked in front of her boyfriends house over the weekend, and somehow paperwork (she never said what kind of paperwork) with my name was inside. Now, I am the only Britney Marie in the state of Florida...so why the hell is my name in this car. Then she keeps asking me questions. Finally, we manage to get on the subject of other [in-laws name]. I tell her the only other one I know of is my sister in law. She then proceeds to tell me my mother in laws name and ask if that's Gert's mom. And it is. After a few minutes of this I tell her I'm not the one she's looking for and I'm sorry I can't be of more help. She says thanks and hangs up on me.

Now what I want to know is 1) how did she get my unlisted number, b) how does she know my mother in law, and 3) why is my name on some paperwork in a car I've never been in!

After that ordeal I was quite awake again. So I stayed up and watched a movie. Then after I fed the girls Emma spit up so violently it came shooting out her nose, twice. So I had to run around the house to find the booger sucker so I could suck out all the formula from her nose, so my daughter could breathe, twice. (Yes, I lost the booger sucker after using it the first time.) Then Olivia decided to do that as well, twice. And, not only did it come shooting out Olivia's nose, she also decided to projectile vomit across the nursery. There are still spots on the floor. Ugh.

On a better note, one of Ricky's co-workers came over for about four hours and we all played video games. I kicked his ass at Mario Kart and Mortal Kombat. Yeah, that's right! LoL!

I'd love to stay and chat some more, but I've got a hungry baby that has decided not to let me type anymore. I can't wait for the days when they're sleeping through the night. Please, oh please, oh please, come quickly!

Britney Marie

No comments: