Thursday, April 26, 2007

To The Doctor's We Will Go

We had an OB appointment today. Our doctor wants to see us once a week now. Olivia is still smaller than Emma. And apparently I cannot keep my big mouth shut. I just *had* to ask how my bloodwork was. Turns out, when I went to go get it, I took the paperwork, but only one of the two sheets. So, I've gotta go tomorrow and get more blood taken. I am not looking forward to that. If I hadn't said anything no one would know. Grrrr!

I also found out today that I'm going to be given a shot of steroids. This is supposed to help the babies lungs to develop quicker in case we have to have them early. I am not looking forward to that either.

If the girls don't start developing correctly and they develop the twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome I'm going to have to go in every few weeks, maybe even once a week, to get fluid drained. They stick a big needle in my belly button and for two hours I sit there and have the amniotic fluid drained. Again, not looking forward to that. If it comes to that, then the procedure could give us an extra week that the babies won't have to be delivered which is very good.

I feel like such a bad mother already. I don't want to do any of these things. I know they will help our babies, but I am such a wimp I can't do it!! I've never had so much as a broken bone, surgery, stitches, or anything like that. The closest thing I've ever had was some teeth pulled, and the last time was back in middle school. I still have my wisdom teeth too! I know that I will do all these things for them, but I am absolutely terrified. I am also terrified that I might have to have a c-section if they need to come early. I am such a wimp! Ugh, I'm going to get a shower to wash off the bad-motherness...*sigh*

Britney Marie

*Update* Oh, and I forgot to mention. My OB is going to Italy for a week, and wants to put me in the hospital for the duration of that week so I can be monitored. This should be fun...Ugh.

No comments: