Thursday, May 3, 2007

Snitches And Talkers Get Stitches And Walkers

I had another OB appointment today. My OB's father died yesterday so he's going to Italy for the funeral for the next week. I hope things go well for him.

I found out today that my cervix is funnelling. Basically it's opening from the inside out and it's already opened over half way. Tomorrow I have to go get stitches to close it up. I have never had stitches before which I know I have mentioned numerous times here in this blog. I am terrified. I know, I know, "stiches are no big deal." But to someone who has never had them, they're scary.

It seems every medical procedure that people get growing up and playing rough I'm having to get now. Except for the broken bones...which with my luck I'm sure is coming somewhere down the road.

Luckily, Ricky is able to get half a day off and will be able to go with me to the appointment like he wasn't able to go with me today. It's at 11:45am. Apparently that was the latest they could get me in on such short notice.

Last night we had our fourth childbirth class. It was on medication and c-sections. Methinks we should have skipped that class. I have figured out my problem. I should never know things ahead of time. Even if I think that it will help ease my worrying, that is not true. If I know what to expect I think about it too much and get myself all worked up. If I don't know what's going on then I just go with the flow and worry about it later, or I don't have time to worry about it at all. Makes sense.

I found out that during the c-section, at least at the hospital I'm going to, not only can you not feel anything from your boobs down, your arms get strapped down like you're getting lethal injection. Then you get this big sheet in front of your face so you can't see anything. Then, when they cut you open, they pull your muscles apart to get to the uterus. I didn't know muscles separated like that. Also, right after they cut you open, they cauterize the incision so you don't bleed too much. Yes, you read that correctly, cauterize...also known as BURN the skin. And you can smell the odor of burning flesh. So, you're numb, restrained, blind and on fire!!! I wish I didn't know all that. I am so not looking forward to this.

Britney Marie

No comments: