Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Might Be Leaving Tallahassee

Over the past weekend I was hit with some pretty big news. My dad, who has lived in the same house for 14 years has decided to move to Pensacola. I was not expecting this at all. It came as a complete shock to me. Nothing even hinted that this was coming. It was dinner then *bam* news.

The first thing out of my mouth when he told me was "I want your house." And I do. I grew up in that house and I really don't want to see it going to anyone else. So, Ricky and I are in negotiations with my dad and my mom (who is still on the deed) to purchase his house. It is five bedrooms and three bathrooms...3500sq ft. To us it will be a mansion.

Unfortunately it is in Panama City, the one place I swore I would never move back to. I guess that goes to show you that you can't always tell what the future will hold.

Luckily, my dad has told me he would work with us as much as possible to make sure we get the house because he wants us to have it. Also, it is right next door to my grandparents (paternal). So, the twins will definitely get to know their great-grandparents.

My dad won't be moving until January so we still have a good 9 months to plan everything out.

I'm really excited.

Britney Marie

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! Cool :D

Sheena/H2Mommy said...

WHA? That is some great mews. I will definately be sad to see you go but you have such an amazing opportunity! *WOO-HOO*