Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Start And Stop

I have opened the New Post page several times only to not have anything interesting to say so I close it again. I find it harder and harder to find the words I want to post.

I've had a rough couple days. I think it stems from a lack of sleep and the children fighting constantly. As soon as Ricky gets home I want to go to our room, keep the lights off and just sit there for a while to calm down. I feel like I spend the majority of my day disciplining the children and cleaning up after the destruction zone they create. 'Course the reason I feel like I do that is because that's exactly what I do.

I love my kids, I do. I enjoy spending time with them and watching them grow up and I miss them when they are not here, but to have to spend 24 hours a day (it seems like) cooped up here with them is making me crazy! They just got into the back-talking stage and ever other word out of their mouth is "No" or "I don't wanna..." or "My sister did this..." As an only child I never had to deal with things like that. I'd like to think that if I had a sibling that these daily squabbles wouldn't bother me like they do, but not being used to it makes it really frustrating when they fight. I know it's what kids do, and I know it's what siblings do, but I just wish they wouldn't do it all...day...long.

Today has been easier. Whenever they start to fight or argue, I have them sit on opposite ends of the couch. Emma is already on "yellow light" today for back-talking me and not listening, but at this point yesterday, Liv was on yellow and Em was on red, so I see improvement. I'm also taking things a lot slower today.I made pancakes for breakfast and cleaned the kitchen, then took some time for myself and played some "Plants vs Zombies". The kids love to watch me play, so their time-out time wasn't spent whining, but watching me play. Win-win, I guess.

Right now, they are eating a snack in our bed watching "Enchanted". Emma seems to love that movie, she picked it yesterday and today. I'm going to take this opportunity to straighten up the living room and maybe have a snack myself.

-Britney Marie

No comments: