Friday, August 5, 2011

Thanks, But That's Enough Poop For Now.

I figured by the time my twins were 4 years old I would be close to if not finished with cleaning up after them. And by that I mean poop. Lots and lots of poop. Baby twins are basically poop factories, which I expected. What I did not expect was to still be cleaning that much poop 4 years later.

For a few days, a couple weeks even, both girls were completely potty trained. I carried around a couple pairs of underwear in my purse just in case, but the wipes stayed home in the diaper bag hanging by our back door. I never expected what happened over the past two days.

Two days ago I saw the bathroom light on and both kids were nowhere to be found. I could hear chatting from the hallway so I went to check it out. I found Olivia completely naked and bent over with poop all over her backside. And Emma had a handful of wipes getting ready to take care of her sister. I wish I could have snapped a picture at that exact moment because their faces were priceless. I thanked Emma for helping her sister but told her that I should take over from here. She proceeded to delegate what I should do next, doling out the wipes.

Later that day, I found Liv in the twins bathroom covered in poop. She had tried to take care of it herself, which is commendable, but not well executed. It was on her nose, on her chin, on her feet, in her hair, everywhere. All I could do was just turn on the water and give her a bath.

Yesterday, while chatting on the phone with my mom, I found Olivia in the back bathroom trying to clean up her apparent accident. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but this was the 6th time that day that we'd had this problem. I get off the phone to deal with Liv. When I get out I notice that the twins bathroom light is on. This means that Em is currently in there. Not expecting much, I go back in there to make sure she's remembered to flush, which she consistently forgets.

I found her with the majority of the toilet paper roll in the toilet, another handful in her hand covered in poop, and the soiled underwear STUCK to the side of the toilet. Not to mention the little poop foot prints all over the floor. *sigh* The rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning the bathrooms.

I realize that my bathrooms aren't the cleanest, but you'd think my kids would just tell me they want me to clean it instead of spreading poop around. Seems easier my way, but what do I know?

-Britney Marie

1 comment:

SamanthaReina said...

Poop fest! I can only shudder and imagine what it will be like when my time comes >_<

Hopefully this is just a random, once in a while time occurrence for you considering how far they've come! Things can only get better! *fingers crossed*