Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Must Be Out Of My Mind

Today I am going to do my Fit Test to see where I am at to start P90x. I am both excited and terrified to begin this program.

November 2010, I joined a gym and began taking Zumba classes. It was so much fun. But our mortgage went up $110 per month for the foreseeable future so I was forced to quit the gym. (Honestly, I don't know how we manage to make it with that increase, but that's a discussion for another day.) I have posts on here about my experience with with Zumba. And it was wonderful! Given the opportunity, I would join up with the gym again and continue Zumba classes. I miss them so much. Mostly because our instructor is just awesome.

Even after quitting, I kept in touch with my Zumba instructor and her sister on Facebook. And recently, I began reading her blog, Very Best You. She and her husband just started P90x too. Her sister had invited me to join her husband's Team BeachBody Challenge but I kept putting off getting the information and when I would remember I wouldn't have time to look into it.

Last night, I finally remembered and had an opportunity to look at the video link I was sent and got more information about it. I won't be joining in on the official Team BeachBody challenges because I cannot afford the nutritional supplements "Shakeology", but I have joined their Secret Facebook Group for motivation and coaching.

I have a dentist appointment today at 10am, so this morning I am going to do my body measurements and when I get home, I will do as much of the Fit Test as I can. I won't be able to do things like Pull-Ups because I lack a pull-up bar (not that I could do one anyway. Seriously, even since elementary school, I have never been able to do a single one.) Next time I go to Sam's house, I'll try out Josh's bar in their room, or try them at the playground (as suggested by my Zumba instructor. Genius!)

I'll update this or make a new post including my 'before' photo and my Fit Test results.

-BritneyMarie

1 comment:

SamanthaReina said...

We have had the pull-up bar for MONTHS now. And I still cannot do one pull-up. I've started trying to do at least one everyday (I'm trying to get back in the habit since I was gone for a month for Christmas). I notice, even with the time off, and even though I still cannot do one, I can still do more than when I first started. To keep me motivated, Josh will usually kneel down and let me 'assist', aka push on his knee/cheat, so I can make it all the way to the top :) He's so sweet.