Wednesday, February 8, 2012

P90x Day 2: Plyometrics

Last night was Plyometrics. I had no idea what it was so I turned to my dear friend, Wikipedia. It was much easier for me than Day 1, but it was still super hard! I think a lot of it has to do with taking Zumba for the last year. I may not be in great shape, but I am in better shape than I was last year at this time, and I can tell!

At the beginning, I noticed that the stretches felt especially good. I was so sore from the push-ups and pull-ups (more specifically, the attempts to do them) from the night before. My backside hurts from all the squats. This time I actually made it 5 minutes farther in the dvd than Ricky. He tapped out at 30 minutes and I made it to 35. I physically could not will my legs to jump again. It reminded me of that scene in "Kill Bill" when The Bride is saying, "Wiggle your big toe..." only in my case, my legs gave me the finger instead of jumping. I think I can do better next time and I'm looking forward to the times that we get to repeat these dvd's so I can see if there really is improvement.

I have noticed that I am looking forward to our workout. I don't know how long that will last, but I am really enjoying working out with Ricky. He's more competitive than I thought. And that just helps us push each other harder.


-BritneyMarie

Every time that I think about how many days left we have (88!) I just remind myself this:

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Way to go! I love that you outlasted Ricky. lol

Jayson said...

I love your Blogs! Keep em comin!